Description :- In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to Install Java SE Development Kit 7. A step by step snapshots are provided to make you understand Install Java and Configure Java SE Development kit 7 on your machine. Before we proceed with Install Java process, we must understand the difference between JRE (Java Runtime Environment) and JDK (Java Development Kit).Java Runtime Environment (JRE) vs Java Development Kit (JDK) :-
If you want to run the JAVA programs, but not develop Java Applications, them, then you just need to download JRE.
whereas you have to download the JDK, if you need to develop JAVA applications. The JDK includes the JRE as well, so you do not have to download JRE separately.
JRE :- It is just your Java Virtual Machine where your Java Program runs.
JDK :- It is software development kit for Java which includes JRE, compilers and tools to create and run Java applications.
STEP 1. Download the Java SE JDK 7 :-
- Go to the webpage – www.oracle.com
- Click on ‘Downloads’ tab.
- Search for ‘Java SE’ hyperlink under the ‘Java’ tab and click it.
- A Java SE downloads page will be opened.
- Choose the newest version of Java SE Java Development Kit and click on ‘Download’ under the JDK option.
- Accept the license agreement and choose your desired installer depending on your Operating System and download it.
NOTE :- You can Click below Image to go to the Download page directly or Click Me
STEP 2. Install Java SE JDK 7 :-
- Right click on the Installer icon, and select ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- Snapshots of Step by step Install Java is attached below. Follow the installation steps.
- It is ideal to go for the default installation path (C:\Program Files\Java\…).
- Destination Folder window will pop up. Choose as per your convenience. We are leaving as default.
- You can see the Loading status in the window. Can you Imagine 3 billion devices run Java. Approximately double the population of India. Java is everywhere !!!
The Java Development Kit is successfully installed in your machine. Now, we are left with Configuring Java Environment part.
STEP 3. Configuring and Setting up Environment Variables :-
- Go to your installed Java directory (C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_version_no..).
- In our case, version number is 45.
- Go inside the ‘bin’ folder. Copy the path upto this(bin) folder.
- In this scenario, it is C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45\bin
- Now Right click on My Computer and click on ‘Properties’.
- Then click on ‘Advanced system settings’.
- Under Advanced tab, Click on Environment Variables button to confire Java environment.
- Under the ‘System variables’, locate the ‘Path’ variable and click on ‘Edit’.
- Append the copied path (of bin folder) at the end of the Variable value.
- Make sure you put semicolon(;) before you paste the path.
- ;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45\bin
Click on OK button. Now, you are done with both Install Java and Configure Java environment parts.
STEP 4. Test your Java installation :-
- Open Command Prompt (Go to Start and type cmd in Run).
- Type ‘java’ and click Enter.
- If you see stuff like below, then it means you are able to access Java executable. In case, you encounter any error, just check all the steps thoroughly and restart the machine once you set environment variable.
STEP 5. Free e-books and Pdf’s :-
Please Subscribe or Like PhpRinG Tutorials for free e-books and pdf’s.
- Launching Very Soon free e-books and pdf’s on Java.
With this we complete our post on Install Java and Configure Java Environment. I hope this helps you in your learning path for Java. Many beginners face issues with Install Java and gets confused to configure Java environment. As we saw above it is very simple. Still if you have any doubts please write comments below. It will be our pleasure to work with you and solve your queries.