How to Install Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services 2008 R2?
This article will take you through all the necessary steps needed for the installation of MS SQL Server Integration services 2008 R2.
Pre requistes :-
- Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 or above.
- Windows installer 4.5.
STEPS TO FOLLOW :-
Step 1. Go to the SQL 2008 folder and locate setup.exe. Right click on it and select Run as Administrator option.
Step 2. SQL Server 2008 R2 will require Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 and an updated windows installer 4.5 to be installed. You can install them by clicking OK, if not installed earlier.
- To install updated Microsoft.NET Framework, Visit – Microsoft Download Center.
- To install updated Windows installer, Visit – Download Microsoft Windows Installer .
Step 3. After successful installation of Microsoft. NET Framework and Windows installer, it will prompt for the system to restart. Restart you system and then run SQL Server setup.exe.
Step 4. Choose the desired option under the Installation page. We will be selecting New installation or add features to an existing installation.
Step 5. This will pop up Setup Support Rules dialog box. They will identify problems that might occur when we install SQL server setup support files. It checks for required configurations and if successful, all rules pass. Failures must be corrected before setup can continue.
Step 6. Specify the edition of SQL Server 2008 R2 to install and enter the 25 character Product key (I am using an Enterprise edition; this will be activated with 180 day expiration). To proceed further accept the License agreement and click Next. On Setup Support Files, click on Install button to install setup support files.
Step 7. A Set up role window will come with 3 options. Choose the desired option :-
- Choose “SQL Server feature installation” to install SQL Server Database Engine, Analysis Services, Integration Services, and Reporting Services.
- Choose “Analysis Services with SharePoint Integration” if you want SQL Server setup to add Power Pivot for SharePoint to a SharePoint farm.
- Choose “All Features With Defaults” to install all features of SQL Server in one box.
Step 8. On the Feature Selection page, select the desired features for your Integration services installation and click Next to install rules.Step 9. On the Instance Configuration page, select a default or named instance for your installation, and select the directory where you want to install the features you have chosen and click Next to view the Disk Usage.
Step 10-(a). On the Server configuration page, specify valid and strong account for each service under service accounts. Microsoft suggests specifying an individual account for each service.Step 10-(b). Under the , Go to the Collation tab and specify the for your SQL Server instance.Step 11. Now for Database Engine Configuration page, specify the different tabs as following :-
- Account Provisioning Tab: – Choose the authentication mode. If choosing Mixed mode authentication type, Enter and Confirm password for the (sa) Login.2. Data Directories Tab: – Specify the Root directory and other directories.
NOTE:- Generally it’s advisable to put the User database directory and User log directory on separate physical drives for performance, but it will depend on how Windows has been configured and how many disk drives you have available.
3. Filestream Tab: – Enable it if you want to use FILESTREAM with SQL Server 2008 R2. You can enable it later on also.Step 12. On the Analysis Services Configuration page, specify the account data will be Analysis Services Administrator. Also, provide path for Data directories and Click OK.
Step 13. Specify the Reporting services configuration mode from the . You will get the following options to choose whose description is provided along with it:-
- Install the Native mode default configuration.
- Install the Share Point integrated mode default configuration.
- Install, but do not configure the Report server.
Step 14. Now comes Error Reporting page, if you enable the check-box, it will send the information automatically to Microsoft to improve future release of SQL Server. You can disable it too.Step 15. Clicking Next will lead to Installation Configuration Rules. We can check the status for the rules there and if failed then necessary information is provided there to get it passed.
Step 16. If everything goes well then we can go ahead with Installation process from Ready to Install page.Step 17. Clicking Install button will start the process and we can view this on Installation progress page.
Step 18. After completing Microsoft SQL Server Installation Wizard page, you can view the Setup summary log by clicking the link provided on this page. To exit the SQL Server Installation Wizard, click Close.
style=”display:inline-block;width:728px;height:90px” data-ad-client=”ca-pub-2371963264292461″ data-ad-slot=”1826320375″>