Oracle Java Certification path
As a fresher in the world of Java or being a Java expert; Java certification is one of the highly recognized IT credentials in the industry and it can do a lot for your career! Some of the reasons to get Java certified are –
- Certified professional have higher earning potential than a non-certified peer.
- Highly recognized certification in the industry.
- Adds value to your CV.
- Skillful certified java developers and programmers are high in demand.
- Boost your confidence and performance.
These Oracle Certified Java Professional (OCJP) exams, which were prior known as Sun Certified Java Professional (SCJP) exams are industry respected certifications in Java technology. It concentrates on key job roles in software application development and enterprise architecture. Any certification is key to the learning process as it provides validation of skill sets for specific job roles.
The goal of these Oracle Java Certification exams is to test you on respective job roles in Java Industry. In order to prepare and pass these certification exams, you would require sufficient level of understanding of respective Java technologies. However, you would also require an understanding of the exam pattern, type of questions you are going to be tested on and most importance sufficient practice.
Levels of Oracle Java Certification
If you are an entry level Java developer and not very familiar with various Java certification offered by Oracle, below is a handy java certification path to understanding different levels of Oracle Java Certification.
Firstly you start your interesting journey with Level 1 – Oracle Certified Associate Java Programmer (OCAJP). After completing this initial level successfully, you can proceed to Level 2- Oracle Certified Professional Java Programmer (OCPJP). In this level, you have 2 options to go with – one is Mobile application developer for java enthusiasts who work on Java ME and the another one is Business Component developer for Java EE professionals.
Note:- Remember you need to pass an Associate exam (OCAJP) before you go for Professional certification (OCPJP). Both of these exams are based on core java and recommended for every java developer.
Once you successfully complete Oracle Certified Professional Java Programmer (OCPJP), you can go to one step further and consider preparing for Level 3 – Oracle Certified Expert (OCE) exams. There are four categories in this level which are – Enterprise JavaBeans developer, Java Persistence Developer, Web Service Developer and Web Component developer, with the respective area of expertise. For example – a Java web Service Developer should be expert in both SOAP and REST web services in Java application. Finally, the Level 4 -Oracle Certified Master (OCM) is the last level. Under this Level, you can choose either to become Enterprise Architect or Java Developer (focused on Java).
Note:- You can directly go for Java Developer after becomingOracle Certified Professional Java Programmer (OCPJP).
According to the latest survey from Oracle,Oracle Certified Associate Java Programmer (OCAJP) andOracle Certified Professional Java Programmer (OCPJP) are the most popular certifications.
Most popular JAVA Certifications
Below, is the java certification path explained more in depth. So, if you are still not clear from the above explanation then you can continue reading the post.
Which Oracle Java Certification suits your needs?
There are four types of certification levels are structured under the Oracle’s Java certification path. The four levels are:-
- Oracle Certified Associate Java Programmer (OCAJP)
- Oracle Certified Professional Java Programmer (OCPJP)
- Oracle Certified Expert (OCE)
- Oracle Certified Master (OCM)
The following are the details of different certifications under each level on the certification path. Note that, each certification would have multiple version of the same certification corresponding to the different Java SE or Java EE version.
- Associate Level Certification:- If you are new to Java, by becoming an Oracle Certified Associate, Java Programmer I (OCAJP), you will acquire a base set of knowledge that enables entry into a career in application development or software project management using Java technology.
- Professional Certification:- As a Java Programmer, in order to demonstrate that you’ve acquired required skills, you should take Oracle Certified Professional, Java Programmer – II (OCPJP) Earning this certification will take your Java career to next level.
- Expert Level Certification:- Expert level certifications are to test the knowledge on any special areas in Java EE technology. This exam helps you to move upwards in your Java Career from a Programmer level. The following are the list of certification under the Oracle Certified Expert (OCE) level. These certifications are very important to advance in your Java career path.
- Oracle Certified Expert, Java EE Web Component Developer (OCEJWCD).
- Oracle Certified Expert, Java EE Enterprise Java Beans Developer (OCEEJBD).
- Oracle Certified Expert, Java ServerFaces Developer (OCEJSFD).
- Oracle Certified Expert, Java EE Web Services Developer (OCEJWSD).
- Oracle Certified Expert, Java Persistence API Developer (OCEJPAD).
- Master Certification:- This is the final level of certification in the Java certification path. You set yourself a class apart by achieving Oracle Certified Master, Java EE Enterprise Architect (OCMJEA), responsible for architect and designing Java Platform, Enterprise Edition technology-compliant applications that are scalable, flexible, and highly secure.
Finally, we come to an end of this interesting article on the Oracle java certification path. Please provide your queries, suggestions, feedbacks as comments below. In our future posts, we will aim to provide information on java certification exam process and java interview questions for the java certification preparation.